Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Simply Christmas by Robin Harper on CD Review


'Simply Christmas' features Robin Harper singing along with pianist Marvin Goldstein.  Simply Christmas has all of the Christmas favorites including "The Christmas Song",  "White Christmas", and "Silent Night". There are also some more Jazzy songs like "The Man With the Bag" and "Santa Baby".  It is a great combination of songs for everyone to enjoy.

Bio:

Robin has always loved to perform and has sung in church all her life, envisioning her future one day as a country singer. Growing up in California's Orange Country, she veered away from country at one point as a member of the DaveElliott5 a jazz vocal ensemble.  Then life happened.  A husband and family. Four kids. Robin's love of music has never waned, however, and now her life has come full circle, back to music, with this first offering of musical holiday cheer.

My Review:

I really enjoyed listening to 'Simply Christmas'. Robin sings beautifully and is not over powered by the piano accompaniment.  They combine for some very relaxing memorable songs.  I think my favorite song is "The Man With The Bag".  I love the jazzy sounds of the song.  I also like the song "Mary, Did You Know" - such a beautiful song. I am going to use this for background music at my Christmas Eve party.  I am sure everyone will enjoy it.







.


No comments:

Post a Comment